Application for ProbateCourt of King's Bench | Saskatchewan
Courts of Saskatchewan
Application for Probate
Court of King’s Bench
This package may assist you as an executor/executrix in applying on your own for Letters Probate if all of the following circumstances apply:
- There is a will;
- There is an executrix/executor(s) named in the will and that person(s) is applying; and
- There are two witnesses to the will.
If any of these circumstances do not apply, you may need to apply for Letters of Administration.
The following precedent package for an application for Letters Probate shows samples of the documents required to make an application.
These documents are samples only and the proper information must be inserted where noted. Text appearing in red needs to be adapted for your situation. Where a footnote appears, see that note for explanation.
The following documents are required:
- Application for Grant of Probate
- Affidavit of Applicant for Probate
- Affidavit of Execution of Will
- Statement of Property
- Renunciation of Probate (if applicable)
- Affidavit of Execution (if renunciation applies)
- Certificate – No Persons Under 18 Years
- Certificate of Death issued by a funeral director, coroner, or the Registrar of Vital Statistics
ADJUST FONT SIZE