MEDIA ROOMCourts of Saskatchewan
Courts of Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan’s Courts recognize the important role members of the media play in informing the public about what takes place in court.
While courts are open to the public, in practice, few members of the public are able to attend and witness court proceedings first-hand.
The Courts have developed guidelines and protocols to assist the media in reporting on court matters. You can find more information on this website, or by browsing the following documents:
- Public Access to Court Records in Saskatchewan:
Guidelines for the Media and the Public (PDF)
- Twitter and Other Text-Based Forms of Media Communication from Saskatchewan Courtrooms (PDF)
- Electronic and Wireless Devices Policy (PDF)
- Court of Appeal Cameras in the Courtroom Policy (PDF)
- Court of King’s Bench Audio/Video Recording or Broadcasting Court Proceedings Practice Directive (PDF)
- Provincial Court Audio/Video Recording or Broadcasting Court Proceedings Practice Directive (PDF)
The Courts also work with the Ministry of Justice to provide specialized identification for members of the media wishing to report on court matters.
ADJUST FONT SIZE